Forum Discussion

Kelemvor
Icon for Expert rankExpert
2 months ago

Any way to share a URL that goes to a specific device on a specific tab with a specific timeframe?

Hi,

I"d like to be able to go to a specific device, then select a specific item (e.g. CPU), then go to the Graphs tab, then zoom in on specific area I want to show.  I then want to be able to copy a URL that I can send to another user and have them end up seeing exactly what I'm seeing.  Is there any way to do that?

The URL at the top of the browser doesn't seem to change if I go from tab to tab (graph to raw data to alerts) or if I them zoom in on an area in the graph or change the time-frame dropdown box.

I chatted with support and we sent some links back and forth.  He would end up on the right item from the device (e.g. CPU) but he'd end up on whichever tab he had been on with whatever time-frame he had been using.

I just thought I'd see if anyone here knew a way to do this.

Thanks.

• I'm not aware of a way to do exactly that, but if you create a one-off dashboard you can get close. You can add the graph from the Resources tab to a new dashboard, make the graph take up the whole space and tweak as needed. You can then use Share to specify the exact time frame you want and generate a URL for that. That sounds close to what you are asking for.

Or I guess you can send a screenshot :)

Kelemvor
      Icon for Expert rankExpert

Screenshots are what we do now, but then if that person wants to go dig around a bit more, they have to do it themselves.

And yeah, thought about a widget, but was thinking more for on-the-fly things when we're troubleshooting an alert or something and I just want to get them a link without jumping through all the hoops.  :)

I didn't think there was a way, but just wanted to make sure I was missing anything.

Thanks.

Stuart_Weenig
        Icon for Mastermind rankMastermind

I don't think there is a way, even in UIv4. They did build something like that into LMLogs, so it doesn't seem unreasonable that they'd eventually build it into the resources page. FEED it