Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Advice on dashboard sources

Hello

Have not yet been on the dash boarding training so please bear with ? 

I have some data stored in a SQL server which I would like to display on an LM dashboard.  I would like 

various controls such as pie charts and tables that all operate on the same parameters (From and To dates) with some defaults 

such as 7 days ago to yesterday. 

I was wondering if I should plug this in via a Groovy script pulling data from views and/or stored procs or whether I should 

go via something like PowerBI gateway. 

Not looking to re-invent the wheel, just get some summary data into a dashboard. 

Thanks 

3 Replies

• Check if the built in datasources have the data you need. Then take a look at the built in SQL dashboard. All dashboards have the date mechanics you mention. 

• 2 hours ago, Stuart Weenig said:

Check if the built in datasources have the data you need. Then take a look at the built in SQL dashboard. All dashboards have the date mechanics you mention. 

Hello

Our built-in SQL dashboard uses the LM metrics which is fine for monitoring SQL servers, however I want to pull data out of  SQL tables, views and procedures into 

dashboard widgets.   The data pulled from other systems APIs and stored for reporting.   Two separate things I think? 

Thanks