Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Office365 Monitoring

Hi everybody!

I've been using Mike Sudings monitoring solution for a while and i've expanded it a bit to monitor more solutions in Office365.

The Monitors included

• Custom Domains (quantity) WHEKJJ
  • Deleted Users (quantity) ZHADY9
  • Global Admins (quantity) 7GGZWZ
  • Licenses Assignable ((quantity) based on type) R46EGX
  • Licenses Assigned (quantity) based on type GHRNLL
  • Licensed / Unlicesned Users (quantity) 4PJZJ4
  • MFA Users (quantity of enabled/disabled users) WZFAWK
  • Users and devices in Office365 Tenant (quantity) Devices if clients are joined to Azure AD PLMP22

Hope they are helping the community out

19 Replies

• Hi Stuart,

We have the exact same need here! The "services status" datasource would be perfect to react quickly when a O365 service goes down (to communicate to users at least). Do you think it's feasible to add this to the existing Office365 monitoring using this API?

Thanks!

Anonymous

It's feasible, definitely. I can't do it though as I don't have access to the API not being an O365 customer myself. I would guess the dev team does, and they could be planning on building this out. 

• Yes, actually I was hoping that this service health status was included with the O365   package release.. but instead we got a lot of complex usage metrics and statistics from MS graph API ?

How could we motivate the dev team to work on it if it's not already the case? ?

Anonymous
    6 hours ago, Vincent Le Bris said:

How could we motivate the dev team to work on it if it's not already the case? ?

Motivation is directly proportional to the number of customers that request it.

• On 5/28/2020 at 5:33 PM, Vincent Le Bris said:

We have already raised a feature request for this. More customers request for the same, the better. Hopefully this is not too much of an effort for the dev team to build & include this in the next set of datasource release.

• 8 hours ago, Herin said:

We have already raised a feature request for this. More customers request for the same, the better. Hopefully this is not too much of an effort for the dev team to build & include this in the next set of datasource release.

Ok that's great to hear! I'll raise the feature request too then. Thanks!

• On 4/20/2020 at 11:06 PM, Herin said:

Hi Mike,

What level of permissions is required for the App creation on Azure AD. Its seems i can only create the app if the account has global admin permissions. I have been trying to play with the permissions but no luck.

This is error:

Let me know

Thanks

@Mike SudingIs there any resolution to this issue? I get the same error even when I use the global admin. The instructions in this document are no longer relevant https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/monitoring/applications-databases/microsoft-office-365-monitoring?_ga=2.121061192.133612023.1589754720-364097972.1526710433