Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

Is it possible to use LogicMonitor to monitor for non-compliant Azure policies?

Is it possible to use LogicMonitor to alert on resources that are non-compliant with Azure policies? I don’t see any Azure logic module that can do this.

5 Replies

• In order for you to run a PS script, you’d have to be “locally” monitoring the devices. That just means that you have a collector in the same network monitoring the servers. 

LM LogicModules support PS natively as long as you have a Windows collector to run them on.

• It would be great to be able to contribute to making stuff like this work.  I think the sticking point for this at the moment is that there’s no way to get LM to run custom scripts to do this kind of thing, unless you’re running collectors.

Running your own collectors seems unnecessary given that this data would come from a query to an Azure API, not to a internal device.  But… you need someone to do able to run your scripts and I guess you’re not allowed to do that on whatever collectors LM have running in the background collecting data from the Azure API.

Having a set of collectors that aren’t tied to specific resources, but just used for running your own scripts against cloud/hyperscale APIs would be nice.

• you’re not allowed to do that on whatever collectors LM have running in the background collecting data from the Azure API.

Yep, that’s why.

Good argument for open sourcing the azure stuff.

You thinking maybe if you could provide LM with access to your cloud compute they could let you run your custom stuff in the cloud. If you’re going to do that, why not stand up a collector in the cloud and do all the custom scripting you want? Do it in a container if you don’t want to maintain a VM.

• Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. Is it possible to integrate a Powershell script into LM that will query Azure for non-compliant policies and alert if it finds any. I have looked into creating datasources with scripts for various onprem device types but is it possible to do this with Azure?