Forum Discussion

mnagel
Icon for Professor rankProfessor
6 years ago

allow alert link to work from integrations

Currently, there is an alert link that is included with native email alerts (not from integrations).  If I synthesize the exact same link in my ticket system, the link does not produce the same alert page as the link in that email notice does.  I am forced to assume that the backend has a handler for that alert link ONLY if it is generated by the native email handler.  I see no reason why that format should not work in general, and it would be helpful to make it in fact do the right thing.  For reference, my link is generated from a transformation on the DEVICEURL token:

s:/device/index\.jsp#.*:/alert/index.jsp#detail~id=${alertid}&type=alert:;

I have confirmed the result matches what we see in email, but it does not work if the integration is used.

4 Replies

• Do you mean the hyperlink in the mail that takes the user to the alert acknowledge page?

•  

6 hours ago, Mosh said:

Do you mean the hyperlink in the mail that takes the user to the alert acknowledge page?

Correct.  That link does not exist as a token (unlike DEVICEURL).  In my transformation handler for my ticket integration, I created an ALERTURL token from DEVICEURL and was finding it did not work.  After a few more tests, I concluded that the page displayed by that URL does not actually exist unless the link is created  by the builtin email integration.   I also found that using a custom email integration precludes the use of ACK/SDT response commands since the from address is hardcoded to disallow that.  Sadly, since LM has no dynamic template mechanism, using a custom email integration initially seemed like a decent method to get per-client or per-group custom alerts, but it turned out the only workable method for customizing alerts per-anything is to add hook properties to the main alert templates, then live with blank lines for anyone not needing those hooks populated.

• Anyone at LM planning to fix this?  Any other way to construct a proper link to the alert detail to make life easier for folks receiving the detail via a custom integration?