Forum Discussion

7 years ago

SystemSTARTUpTimeGreaterthan28days

I feel foolish in asking this however I need to this get off my plate.

I've been asked to setup a monitor that alerts windows systems that have been up for more than 28days.

I thought that I could clone the "WinSystemUptime" DataSource, which will report if a system has been rebooted and modify it to report not that a system has been rebooted but the system has not been rebooted.

Any help would be appreciated 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @wanabeninja@helient - you can definitely clone the WinSystemUptime datasource and change the alert threshold from "less than or equal to 3600 seconds" (one hour) to "greater than or equal to 2,419,200 seconds" (which should be the number of seconds in 28 days) - and then apply it to whichever devices you want to.

Alternatively, you can override the alert threshold on a particular device or group of devices such that it doesn't alert on the less than, and only alerts on the greater than (if that makes sense.)

Hope that helps!

Best,

Kerry

• What I've done in these instances is just clone the complex datapoint or create a new one - UptimeSeconds_long for example, or better yet make UptimeDays by adding a conversion in the calculation so you don't have to remember how many seconds are in 28 days (I do this with a lot of the base LM datasources converting bytes to GB, too, just to make it quickly understandable).  This way you're not polling the server multiple times for the same data like would happen if you cloned the whole datasource.