Forum Discussion

Mosh
Icon for Professor rankProfessor
6 years ago

Password exposed by error message

@Sarah Terry
Please address urgently.  These new verbose error dialogs expose the WMI password.  Ideally I'd like a Settings options to disable such verbose error messages, or restrict them by role.

(Also can these dialogs be more responsive, no a 1920x1080 screen these appear as narrow panels in the middle.)

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Quick update, the masking issue will be fixed in a Collector update. We'll provide details and release dates soon.

The Poll Now diagnose messages were added in the EA 27 line, so you will see this with GD 28.000 and GD 28.001, but not with MGD 27.005.

• @Mosh GD 28.002 (with a masking fix) is scheduled to deploy on Wednesday April 3rd around 7PM Pacific Time.

The deployment for the fixed EA line is currently scheduled for April 11th or so.

Does this work for you? I've asked the collector team to bump the release as early as they can without sacrificing QA and review.

The RBAC piece is being discussed but I have no timeline for you right now.

• 9 hours ago, Michael Rodrigues said:

@Mosh GD 28.002 (with a masking fix) is scheduled to deploy on Wednesday April 3rd around 7PM Pacific Time.

The deployment for the fixed EA line is currently scheduled for April 11th or so.

Does this work for you? I've asked the collector team to bump the release as early as they can without sacrificing QA and review.

The RBAC piece is being discussed but I have no timeline for you right now.

Hi @Michael Rodrigues

Thanks, yes that works for us.

• Quick update, GD 28.002 release has been pushed up to today, April 2nd at 8PM Pacific Time.