Forum Discussion

11 years ago

OpsNotes per group

I really like OpsNotes, however i cannot use them...
We have groups for each one of our customers, so a server failure OpsNote on 'customer x' would have no relation to anything in the 'customer y' group.
It would be great to choose which groups OpsNotes apply to, otherwise we just end up with clutter that has no relation what so ever to that customer.
Also it's confusing, someone might mistake 'customer x' OpsNotes for 'customer y' OpsNotes.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Just the feedback we're looking for. In the meantime, I recommend tagging your notes with the customer name (if you choose to use them). You can then enable / disable them based on tag. Certainly something we aspire to provide more automation around in the future.  Do you find value in adding OpsNotes for a contextual reference, even if they are often disabled on the graph view?

• I posted another Feature request re this as in addition to the type of thing you describe it would be good to have OpsNotes usage assignable as a user or role feature so that non admins can have access to it to be able to add/edit opsnotes

• Any news on this as i would really like to start using them, but cannot risk having other customers seeing opsnotes that are not applicable to them.

• OpsNotes can be restricted to (View or Manage or none) in User Roles. see screenshot
    Also, OpsNotes can be set based on Tags and groups of devices or websites see screenshot