Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Nest Thermostat Datasource

This is my first post in the community, so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong... I decided to write a datasource that allows you to read in the salient information from a Nest thermostat and alert against it. Namely the current temperature (ambient temp) the target temperature and the humidity. You'll have to create a Nest developer account, and authenticate your account to access your Nest thermostat. Nest's API implementation requires that you create an OAuth access token using something like Postman with your Nest developer account. Step by step instructions to create that access token are here: https://codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/wwn-api-quickstart/#4 Once you have that, set both your thermostat ID as well as your access token as custom properties for authentication, nest.accesstoken and nest.thermostatid. You'll put these properties in after you add developer-api.nest.com as a device in LogicMonitor. Assuming everything is correct, you should start getting data.

The identifier code in the Exchange: L6MW9T N699G4

Updated with new HTTP commands to use collector rather than the JRE.

Let me know if you have any questions about it!