Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Escalation Chains - Urgent

Hi Everyone

I've hit an issue today that has highlighted 3 issues to me related to use of time-based routing in an escalation chain. 

I realise that alert routing is 'first satisfied' so you have to squeeze all your required actions into each rule, but what I did not realise and it was not made clear in documentation, only by testing, is that the escalation chain works in list order, not logic not cumulative. In the example below, the second set 'everyday' superseded the third 'Mon Tue Wed Thr Fri'. 

1. The documentation doesn't cover this, so nothing tells you that it is neither cumulative or processed in order

2. Being processed in order there is no index or priority order to show you this is the case

3. There is no safety mechanism to prevent, or warning to advise that you are configuring something that doesn't work

At least one, and I'd suggest all three of the above should be rectified.

As a development request, it would be nice to have cumulative stages as I need to use identical stages across different customers to operate my out of hours service, but also need to include the customer. This would make it more MSP and multi tennant friendly. 

Thanks

Marie 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Marie,

I'm trying to recreate your specific scenario.  I've sent you a direct message to connect and get a few more details.

~Forrest

• On 11/13/2017 at 5:14 PM, Forrest Evans - LM said:

Hi Marie,

I'm trying to recreate your specific scenario.  I've sent you a direct message to connect and get a few more details.

~Forrest

Hi Forrest, 

I've messaged you back now.

Thanks

Marie