Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Citrix Netscaler Concurrent Session Count

Greetings LM Community.

I'd like to chart concurrent sessions on Citrix Netscaler devices. How is achieved?

Cheers, 

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Tom,

We have robust DataSources around Netscaler and applicable session metrics.  Along with giving LogicMonitor the appropriate SNMP Community string, make sure you configure your Netscaler to allow SNMP requests from the LogicMonitor Collector.  

Regards,

-Troy

• Hi Troy,

We have the Netscaler devices already configured and sending the metrics and sending to LM. What was the datapoint for charting concurrent sessions?

Cheers,

Tom.

• Hi Tom,  

One of my colleagues recently wrote an SNMP DataSource which queries the Netscaler AAA Statistics to track the three security features of authentication, authorization, and auditing. Specifically, ICA session and connection metrics, along with authentication successes and failures.  If you can provide me with your LogicMonitor account, I will get this DataSource added for you.

Cheers,

-Troy

• On 6/19/2017 at 12:40 PM, Troy Felix said:

Hi Tom,  

One of my colleagues recently wrote an SNMP DataSource which queries the Netscaler AAA Statistics to track the three security features of authentication, authorization, and auditing. Specifically, ICA session and connection metrics, along with authentication successes and failures.  If you can provide me with your LogicMonitor account, I will get this DataSource added for you.

Cheers,

-Troy

Troy

Can you let me know this datasource so that we may take advantage of this?

Thanks
    Will

• @Mosh - that should be available in the repository now as Citrix_Netscaler_AAA - locator code is 29T7FT.

I believe it requires the addCategory_NetscalerFeatures PropertySource which was released at the same time (it was very recent.)

• On 5/31/2018 at 7:54 PM, Kerry DeVilbiss said:

@Mosh - that should be available in the repository now as Citrix_Netscaler_AAA - locator code is 29T7FT.

I believe it requires the addCategory_NetscalerFeatures PropertySource which was released at the same time (it was very recent.)

Thanks Kerry.

This needs to be adjusted 

Currently wizard is "hasCategory("NetscalersActive")&&(auto.netscaler.feature.aaa == "Licensed, enabled")"

but it should be auto.netscalerfeature.aaa (no '.' between netscaler and feature)