Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Alert Clear Notifications During SDT

Dear LogicMonitor Team,

Greetings. I searched through the forums for a similar request and I apologize if I did not find one previous to this. After continuous use of LogicMonitor with an integration, it has been determined that in the event an alert is generated before SDT is enabled, if the alert should clear the SDT prevents that update from being passed into the ticketing system. This means that there is no notification, nor confirmation, of an issue being cleared during or after an SDT window. 

What could be implemented to address this issue is a simple toggle switch, in the global settings page, to allow for clear notifications of alerts to be enabled even during SDT. This would allow any situation in which an issue occurs before SDT and generates notifications to also be followed up with the clear condition even during an active SDT window. I would imagine that in many environments, this would be beneficial. I thank the team in advance for consideration of this request.

Respectfully,

Alejandro Esmael

Align

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I would consider this to be very beneficial as well.

Even with a small team such as ours, crossing into the SDT window can leave us wondering if an alert cleared. Today, we just deal with an issue when the SDT expires, but when integrated into a third-party ticketing system, this could prove difficult to manage.

• We would find this very helpful as this impacts our integrations exactly as has been noted above. SDT should perhaps be handled using a window such that clears can be issued for alerts that began prior to the SDT start. We don't need a bunch of clears for alerts that started during the window as this would also be counterproductive for integrations.