Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Ability to import data of an instance historical data export, and force applying that to a new instance in another datasource.

Hi there.

I want to request the ability to import data into an instance. Specifically, I am hoping for a way to add historical data to a new instance that is monitoring the same objects, with the same metrics labeled as the exact same datapoints, just the source is different.

In our case we see a need to create a new datasource which captures the same data with our old devices and a bunch of new ones, and more in the future.
The old datasource used SNMP for monitoring, and we wish to replicate that into the new datasource, but make it all API calls via script, since the new ones do not support SNMP.

For proper monitoring and troubleshooting of the devices we need to have the historical data for the old instance of old devices, while being in the same datasource as the new ones.

For this very reason, we would like to see the ability to add historical data to a new instance after it has been exported from a separate and old instance, especially if the datapoint names match.

I have a feeling this particular case study might be relevant to other users as well.