Forum Discussion

4 years ago

VMWare CPU Count

Greetings, I've been an LM user for a couple years now but haven't done too much with modifying data sources so forgive me if I sound like I don't know what I'm doing. :)/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  I don't!

I want to be able to use the number of CPUs and GB of RAM in a cluster in widgets.  I'm specifically trying to make a graph to look at oversubscription best practices for VMWare.

My issue is I really need the total number o CPUs and GB of RAM to be a data point, not an auto system property.  That data is only being put into the auto system property.  (see below)

I've tried to edit the datapoints in that are gathered with the datasource, but Groovy is pretty tricky.  I've beat my head against this particular wall for long enough, it's time to ask for help.  Has anybody done this, or can somebody help me out with what needs to change in my datasource?

Thanks

2 Replies

• Been there, done that -- you can't reference those in widgets, sadly.  You have to just create your own datasource that sets values equal to the properties and then reference those.  First time I ran into this I wanted to chart device usage against subscription levels, latter of which was a property.  In ours, the collector is a Groovy script that does nothing (not sure why that was how we did it, but it works).  The CDP is just equal to ##property## in each case.  It is Groovy mode, but the code is literally just that.