Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Pointing a collector to a synology on the network

Hey all,

I have a collector setup on a workstation that is on the same network as the synology, but I am having issues pointing said collector to monitor it instead of the workstation that the collector is installed on.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    4 years ago

Have you added the Synology device into LM using Resources >> Add >> One Device >> Wizard|Expert? When you do that, the collector will monitor both the workstation on which it is installed as well as the other device (assuming you select the collector when adding the synology device).

4 Replies

Anonymous

Have you added the Synology device into LM using Resources >> Add >> One Device >> Wizard|Expert? When you do that, the collector will monitor both the workstation on which it is installed as well as the other device (assuming you select the collector when adding the synology device).

• Ahh ok I see I must have missed this, I will give it a try. 

Thank you  Stuart!

Anonymous

Yeah, the collector isn't an agent. There's only one specific case in which you might need to install the collector actually on the device you want to monitor (Windows DC).

That said, usually the device on which the collector is installed should also be monitored.