Forum Discussion

11 months ago

UIv4 - Placement of Poll Now and Debug buttons on Raw Data tab

In UIv4 within the Raw Data tab on the Resources page, the Poll Now and Debug Console buttons are located among the other icons in the top right corner of the screen.

These 2 buttons (especially Poll Now) are heavily used by our users for troubleshooting. Our users expect to see these buttons front-and-center on the Raw Data tab like they are in UIv3. I would like to request that the placement/style of these 2 buttons be adjusted to line up with what we expect in UIv3.

2 Replies

• Agreed. There are several buttons in UIv4 that have odd placement. Like they were placed by someone who has never used the product (or even looked at how someone uses the product). Some buttons are placed where they seem to be associated with the device even though they are instance level functions. Or they are datasource functions that appear to be associated with a datasource group.

• In UIv4 within the Raw Data tab on the Resources page, the Poll Now and Debug Console buttons are located among the other icons in the top right corner of the screen.

These 2 buttons (especially Poll Now) are heavily used by our users for troubleshooting. Our users expect to see these buttons front-and-center on the Raw Data tab like they are in UIv3. I would like to request that the placement/style of these 2 buttons be adjusted to line up with what we expect in UIv3.

I agree with this, those two buttons are unique in the frequency and function of how we make use of the Raw Data tab--I’d appreciate this to be considered for redesign.