Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Web Site availability Monitoring

All,

Hoping you can assist. 

I have a group of web sites being monitored.  They have a datapoint status that is being collected. 

I am trying to build a dashboard that I can have our helpdesk go to and see the current status of the website. 

It appears the NOC widget is not what I am expecting.  It is reporting on alerts.  I do not care about alerts that may have happened 24 hours ago. I just want to know what is the current status of the site.  1=0K. 

It appears the NOC widget is telling me about alerts and not availability.  

We have a 100+ sites, so I am hoping that there is a NOC widget or table widget that I can focus on the datapoint status for the web site and that we can display that in a List, NOC or some fashion.

Thanks for any assist. Much appreciated. 

Bp

3 Replies

• I find the dashboard widgets for Website monitoring is rather limited. I believe when you use Add > Widget there are just two that can look at website stats (vs alerts): website status and SLA. It would be worth looking at those. You can also look at the graphs on the Website page's Graph tab and for those you want, you can use the down arrow to Add To Dashboard. These can get you graphs of items like response time, status and permanence. But I believe you need to do that for every website manually. As far as I know, you can't build a table of just individual "datapoints" for websites like you can for Resources. If you are also monitoring webservers more directly, you can try using the HTTP/HTTPS Status instead, but that is checking the server within your LAN and not from the public internet.

As for the NOC widget, as you said it shows the active alerts. But I'm not clear why you said it's not reporting current state. Alerts should reflect how it is right now (well within a few minutes) and alerts should clear if the website comes back up. It shouldn't be showing alerts that has already cleared.

Anonymous
    2 minutes ago, Mike Moniz said:

As for the NOC widget, as you said it shows the active alerts. But I'm not clear why you said it's not reporting current state. Alerts should reflect how it is right now (well within a few minutes) and alerts should clear if the website comes back up. It shouldn't be showing alerts that has already cleared.

Concur, this should work for you. Perhaps there's some extra filtering that you could apply to narrow it down to the websites in question (as opposed to all device alerts)?

• I may need to look at the NOC widget again.. I thought that one of the alerts had cleared and it  was showing past alerts. I believe it may be working and human error on my part.  

Second item, I did put in a feature request. 

I was hoping on the dashboard I could have a widget that displays the websites for a group and displays there individual SLA's.. I have only been able to find this im a report, I was hoping to display on a dashboard.

Example

Website                Availability

Site1                     100%

Site2                     99.8%

Site3                     99.9%

It doesn't look like there is anything that supports this for websites. I know you can doing it for a resource. The website SLA widget only gives the overall SLA. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks