Forum Discussion

Anonymous
5 days ago

UIv4 Lacks Parity

Thought I'd give UIv4 dashboards another try today. Lasted less than 30 seconds.

Op notes used to be visible on line graph widgets. They're not there anymore. You can get them to show up if you select the "show ops notes" button; it pops up a drawer from the bottom, covering up part of my dashboard. I can minimize it, but now i have a big bar of wasted space covering up part of my dashboard.

• My experience with Dashboards in UIv4 is worse than that. For me, they take forever to load, unless they are super simple. I was testing something from a customer perspective unrelated to the dashboard, using a test user set to the customer's role.

When I logged in, my UI was set to V3, and their customer dashboard (being the only one I could see) took less than a second to load. I switched to UIv4 and their dashboard took EIGHTEEN SECONDS to even render. And that was consistent  and repeatable if I reloaded the page.

Now I'll admit they are power users and it was a table widget and an edge case. But still, that's wild. But even for normal dashboards, most that load in a second take 2-3 seconds to load, and they are all sluggish.

UIv4 needs to go back to formula.

• I have yet to see working Ops Notes in UIv4, other than screenshots provided in this forum.

The simple UIv3 vertical lines are great - we don't need a tabular view.  The whole point is to be able to see time series discontinuities due to Operational Change.

If product are listening, when you do fix these, please also consider offering the ability to colour them.  When we do upgrades, we want to see OS upgrades in red, Application upgrades in blue etc.