Forum Discussion

Stuart_Weenig
Icon for Mastermind rankMastermind
2 months ago

!tlist in 36.xxx+ versions of the collector

Has anyone else noticed that !tlist doesn't work in versions 36.000 of the collector and above? This is the collector that just came out of EA and is now GA.

• Interesting. This is what I get:

Is your collector a new install or an upgrade? Mine's an upgrade. Wonder if something breaks during the upgrade that doesn't break during the new install.

• I dont have that vault setting at all in any of my 5 configs. And on the first one there, I dont know if you made a typo or were in a hurry or if I'm being overly picky, but mine has a "d" on the end, on ours the value is lmlogs.syslog.enabled with a d at the end. And mine is set to false, if that helps.

Lewis_Beard
      Icon for Expert rankExpert

When I say 5, I mean, I looked in Agent, WatchDog, Wrapper, Sbproxy, and Website ... just to be sure. I only checked a couple of different collectors, some of the ones that worked on my side.

Stuart_Weenig

Yep, i meant enabled. Was in a hurry. It would be in the agent config. As far as i can tell, those are the only differences. I'll let support know. I wonder how much faster they would find bugs like this if they just involved the community. I'm sure they could say, "hey does anyone have a collector with a, b, and c in the collector config, running version x? Could we run a debug command and grab the output or test this thing?" I'm sure with all of us someone would have a matching scenario. 

• I just went to one of my collectors that is at 36.000 and I ran one of the example commands from the help (specifically: !tlist summary=datasource) and I got back meaningful results.

I haven't tried it myself but I assume the new-ish security option for "Enable Collector Debug" would (I assume?) block you from running the debug "shell" completely. I think they left enabled checked by default.

So I'm not sure what it would be, unless I'm misunderstanding.

But I can run !tlist on one of my 36.000 collectors.

• I can. When I run !tlist without params, I get back the results I expect.

I redacted the IPs but here is a shot from the command with no args.

• And here is an image showing I'm on 36.000 .... headed to lunch but good luck

• I just went to several other collectors, both Windows and Linux, all at 36.000, and I can't reproduce your error. At least one was a new deploy, but most of the others are all upgrades.

I cant reproduce the error, my !tlist works fine. Not sure if that helps in any way, but maybe it will.

Stuart_Weenig

I wonder if it's something i have customized in the config. The only thing that would be on all my collectors is:

lmlogs.syslog.enable=true
      vault.bypass=false

Stuart_Weenig

We'll see what support says. They were pretty quick to lump it into an existing bug ticket.

• Ran it on 3 of our collectors on 36.x, tlist with no arguments or params. No issues.