Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Time-based escalation chains with 8-5 M-F and the inverse?

I’m trying to set up an escalation chain for a group where it does one behavior from 8-5 Monday through Friday, but also in the same escalation chain, we want anything OUTSIDE that time to follow anotther behavior.

Unfortunately, I see 3 problems.

1. It looks like I’m going to have to make 4 different subchains. a) weekends, b) midnight to 8 am, c) 8 am to 5 pm, and d) 5pm to midnight
  2. It looks like LM wont let me select 24:00 to make sure the gap is closed, so I’m worried about alerts that happen between 23:45 and 24:00 (00:00 next day)
  3. It also bugs me that technically the way I’m doing it below, I have 2 subchains that apply to the 8:00 minute and the 17:00 minute (5 pm) as each of those moments are included in subchains that overlap on that one minute

Does anyone have a better solution to this? What do I do about #2 above in particular?

Thanks!

• I think I missed something obvious so I’ll close the question.

I missed the part where subchains are processed in order and that I can have a catch-all.

I swore I read that page a couple of times before.

Thanks! :)

1 Reply

• I think I missed something obvious so I’ll close the question.

I missed the part where subchains are processed in order and that I can have a catch-all.

I swore I read that page a couple of times before.

Thanks! :)