Forum Discussion

Dominique
Icon for Advisor rankAdvisor
2 years ago
Solved

system.info missing in the Info on a device

Hello, I have the system.info =~ “Integrated Lights-Out 4 255 Aug 1 6 2017” on 3 machines but it is missing on 2 other machines. What do I miss in the process to get the system.info appearing on the...
    2 years ago

Hi Dominique,

What do I miss in the process to get the system.info appearing on the info for a device and get populated ?

System.sysinfo is collected as part of our basic system information discovery process. 

When a resource is added into monitoring, LogicMonitor immediately runs a series of basic queries to determine basic system information about the resource

We run 4 queries to determine this system information (WMI, SNMP, XenServer, and ESX).

Basic system information discovery also runs (1) once every 24 hours to rediscover properties for resources that have previously responded to any of the above query types, (2) whenever properties are updated on a resource, and (3) upon manual initiation of Active Discovery for the resource.

Reference article:

https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/devices/adding-managing-devices/device-properties

Might be best to submit a support ticket for us to take a closer look.