Forum Discussion

ldoodle
Icon for Advisor rankAdvisor
10 months ago
Solved

SQL Server Services Status

Hi,

We have table widget setup to show SQL Server Service Status; the columns seem to be:

RunningStatus
State
Status

What is the difference because all show a ‘1’ at the moment.

Also, can you manipulate the values to show ‘Running’, ‘Stopped’, ‘Disabled’ (I’m assuming these match to 1, 2, 3 respectively)?

Thanks

• You cannot translate the 1,2,3 to words in a dashboard widget. Check the alert tuning tab to see the description of each datapoint to help know what each one means.

2 Replies

• You cannot translate the 1,2,3 to words in a dashboard widget. Check the alert tuning tab to see the description of each datapoint to help know what each one means.

• Hi @ldoodle 

I assume you are referring to the WinSQLServices- datasource.  

This is using a simple wmi query to retrieve the state/status of a service.  There is logic applied that say’s textmatch(running) so if state is showing as running it will return 1 (as datasources can only return numerical values).

The same applies to status, if this is OK then it will return 1.

Finally, for RunningStatus it checks if State = 1 AND State = 1 then returns 1

You may want to consider use of the Microsoft_Windows_Services if you want to monitor different states/statuses for services and i’ve provided a link to our help page here

Hope that helps but if you need specific help with this please feel free to raise a support ticket

Kind regards

Paul​​​​​​