Forum Discussion

Damian1
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
2 months ago

SQL Server connections using mssql.<instance name>.mssql_url

For some SQL Servers due to how they are setup, we are setting the property mssql.<instance name>.mssql_url 

I've noticed, when I do this, the Microsoft_SQLServer_Connections module then does not retrieve the SQL Server version and edition (e.g. Enterprise, Standard, Express), which is affecting some custom dashboards.

What's the best guidance to resolve this, would I need to create my own datasource?

3 Replies

mray
      Icon for LM Conqueror rankLM Conqueror

Ideally, this would all be automatic and set via the Microsoft_SQLServer_Connections PropertySource. If manually adding, you should be setting both properties.

If you are setting both, the modules are all up-to-date, and this is still not working as expected, I'd suggest submitting a support ticket so we can take a closer look.

• Thank you for the helpful advice.  I've set these properties, but I think I’ll need to submit a support ticket to take a closer look as advised. I believe the issue might be affected by the fact that, for compliance reasons, we have the SQL Server Browser service disabled. So, may require some specific attention.