Forum Discussion

26 days ago
Solved

QBR Report - Obtaining Data

Hello community,

Is there a way with the API to GET a datapoint like CPU and have it return the average over like 3 months?

Would I need to pull all the datapoints from the last 3 months into like excel or a database and then average the data or is there a way straight from the source?

The only way I can think of is just running a metric trends report as CSV and just extracting the data but then you get an error if its over 1 month.

"You must select the maximum date range as less than or equal to last month. If you require a date range more than the previous month, you must schedule the report."

• I think that might be included in the graph data endpoint. What you'd have to do is create a graph on a dashboard that has the time over 3 months as the default timeframe. Then use the graph data endpoint to pull the data. The boundaries are what you're looking for. 

FYI, you can run that report for longer than a month, but you can't do it by clicking the "run report". Instead, schedule it to run. Scheduled reports can run over longer timeranges.

2 Replies

• I think that might be included in the graph data endpoint. What you'd have to do is create a graph on a dashboard that has the time over 3 months as the default timeframe. Then use the graph data endpoint to pull the data. The boundaries are what you're looking for. 

FYI, you can run that report for longer than a month, but you can't do it by clicking the "run report". Instead, schedule it to run. Scheduled reports can run over longer timeranges.

Justin_Lanoue
      Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte

I think you are right with the widget as I do see the average datapoint and it looks accurate.

"lines": [

{

"colorName": "Auto",

"std": 248.02692010158327,

"min": 0.0,

"max": 1380.65,

"avg": 231.55743468634688,

Thanks!