Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Monitor arbitrary TCP port

Greetings LM community.

We would like to monitor arbitrary TCP ports. The result we would like to achieve is a simple service is listening or not result.

Is this possible ?

Cheers,

• Hi Tom, 

No, none of the monitored instances that you add via port-multi will count as a license slot.  

-Jon

• The LogicModule is now available to me and I can happily report PortMulti- is working well. 

• Message when attempting to add the Datasource

503 : This LogicModule is currently undergoing security review. It will be available for import only after our engineers have validated the scripted elements.

• Hi Tom, 

No, none of the monitored instances that you add via port-multi will count as a license slot.  

-Jon

• Hi Kerry,

Thank you for the easy to understand answer. Does adding of the monitored instance count as a license slot?

Cheers,

Tom.

• Hi Tom,

This is definitely possible - I am attaching the LM locator code for a "PortMulti"datasource. Once you've imported the datasource, navigate to a device, and select the dropdown next the the big blue 'Manage' button. In the dropdown there is an option to 'Add Monitored Instance' - see the attached screenshot for configuration parameters. For additional ports to monitor, repeat the process.

The datasource name will be 'PortMulti-' and the LM locator code is PX4D7W.

Cheers,

Kerry