Forum Discussion

ydurguner
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
2 months ago

Missing WMI instances and no data to LM queries

Hey all,

Struggling here a little bit with a new customer, that no other customers had this issue.

I have VM/physical server monitoring in place with LM. 2 dedicated VMs for collectors only, then connect across the network to gather info thru lm service account.

these two WMI queries are not responding. Checking on each server, these instances unfortunately does not exist when checked from wbembtest.

Adding the instances manually from wbemtest is very timely job, especially when there are tens of servers having the same issue.

anyone any suggestion to install/create these wmi instances with powershell or any toolkit??

WMI instances missing are that causing followings to error:

SELECT * FROM Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Memory

SELECT * FROM Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor WHERE name="_Total"

9 Replies

ydurguner

I will try and see what happens, it is obvious that all of their servers are missing those instances. Almost like a package that was defined not to install. But, where they have new 2 dedicated 2019 servers for collectors installed, they work just fine and they do have those instances.

Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor WHERE name="_Total" and Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Memory 

Stuart_Weenig
      Icon for Mastermind rankMastermind

So discovery is working but polling is not. I'm assuming you've checked the OS versions and that the PerfOS_Memory class is available on that version of the OS.

Any particular reason not to use the built-in WinOS (Memory and Processes) DS? Assuming something to do with the 64 in the name of your DS?

ydurguner

I will be honest, this is pretty much is what LM throws out on these instances when trying to poll them.

They are coming from Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard VMs. 

Checking those queries within these servers, they don't exist as instance, but they exist on all out other customer servers, that they have even 2012 servers installed.

no data on those. 

• I'm confused by what you mean by "instance". What exactly do you mean? How are you checking "instances" on the servers themselves?

ydurguner

by using wbemtest. You can use the query string for the specific instance in the wbemtest to see if that machine specifically providing that info that specific request. Which can be created manually or a script. 

Mike_Moniz
        Icon for Professor rankProfessor

Sounds like your just not getting results from WMI for those classes. "Instances" has a specific meaning in LogicMonitor which can confuse things.

If you run this command in PowerShell what results do you get? Go you get a number (like 46) or 0 or some error message?

@((gwmi -Query "SELECT * FROM Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Memory").Properties.Name).Count