Forum Discussion

pgordon
Icon for Advisor rankAdvisor
9 months ago

Managing credentials

I am currently onboarding and moving off another monitoring platform that wasn’t working for my organization. However, it did have a credential manager feature that was exceptionally useful. It would track SNMP strings and credentials across the platform and I could make changes to a set of credentials in the credential manager and have it carry those changes to all the appropriate devices. I could also run reports on which devices were using which strings or credentials. I know that LogicMonitor will allow for easy changes via inheritance, but my environment is made up of a variety of organizations and there frequently will be cases where the inheritance model does not work for us.

5 Replies

• We have the same problem. Our goal for over a year now has been to use the Thychotic integration, but it doesn’t currently work (broken logic in the AppliesTo). Would love to hear how this might solve the issue.

• I am currently onboarding and moving off another monitoring platform that wasn’t working for my organization. However, it did have a credential manager feature that was exceptionally useful. It would track SNMP strings and credentials across the platform and I could make changes to a set of credentials in the credential manager and have it carry those changes to all the appropriate devices. I could also run reports on which devices were using which strings or credentials. I know that LogicMonitor will allow for easy changes via inheritance, but my environment is made up of a variety of organizations and there frequently will be cases where the inheritance model does not work for us.

Seems like we this would be best addressed as a feature request for a native LM Credential Manager. Did you have a more direct question to ask?

• I’ve also gone ahead and submitted feedback on your behalf. Hopefully, this is something that we will see come to fruition in a future release. 

• Is there any thoughts on this from staff? This is something that will only become a greater and greater need as time goes on, especially if we increase the scope of our deployment