Forum Discussion

5 months ago
Solved

LM Expect packages and ed25519?

Is there any way to use ssh-ed25519 instead of ssh-rsa in Expect scripts?

Some recent FortiOS OS changes removed the ability to do ssh-rsa, and only ssh-ed25519 is allowed, so our FortiOS_Config configsource doesnt work anymore, but we do have the latest configsource.

So I was wondering if anyone had come across this, and if there is any way in the groovy code to let Expect use ssh-ed25519, or if there was an alternate package to “com.santaba.agent.groovyapi.expect.Expect”?

• That library is forked from Expect by LM. However, it seems in most cases they’ve moved on to JSch instead of Expect. Have you spoken with support about it? 

LM should be able to provide documentation on their packages libraries. Has been one of my gripes for years.

2 Replies

• I havent spoken to LM support yet because I’m still gathering details from users to be sure there isnt more to it.

We did discover that the generic config datasource pulls the config just fine, so at least they can switch over to that. And I wont have to clone the Forti 2.1 to handle SSH the way the generic config does. But I plan to ask about the official config source for Forti.

Thanks for the response as always!

• That library is forked from Expect by LM. However, it seems in most cases they’ve moved on to JSch instead of Expect. Have you spoken with support about it? 

LM should be able to provide documentation on their packages libraries. Has been one of my gripes for years.