Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Internet SpeedTest in Logicmonitor

I've been asked for this a few times, since there is no OOB datasource for monitoring available internet speed. Ookla recently re-released their speedtest-cli command which supports JSON output, therefore I've been able to quickly put this together: HJ9W2N

It requires speedtest-cli to be installed on a Linux collector, and a one-line bash script to actually call speedtest-cli, the required script and the download link for speedtest are in the description of the datasource.

Default alert thresholds are specific to my needs and will need adjusting case by case.

4 Replies

• 2 hours ago, Stuart Weenig said:

Still set as private. Gotta flip the switch. Would love to see your script for this. I've built python scripts in the past that check for the required module to be installed, install it if it isn't, then wait for the next poll to succeed. Would love to add that logic to your script.

I think it’s in security review still, and yes it could do with a little enhancement in that regard!

• Still set as private. Gotta flip the switch. Would love to see your script for this. I've built python scripts in the past that check for the required module to be installed, install it if it isn't, then wait for the next poll to succeed. Would love to add that logic to your script.

• Any update on when this will be available on the exchange?  What is the difference in yours vs. 4CN9AA?

• On 9/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, TechniumWi-FiGuy said:

Any update on when this will be available on the exchange?  What is the difference in yours vs. 4CN9AA?

On the face of it (just from the description), they're going to be very similar. I'm travelling at the moment but it looks like I could've saved myself some work here!