Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

How to creat a custom report to find out what devices are currently in SDT

I want to create a report regarding all devices that have been out into SDT in the last month.

When I check the Reports secion in LM and Select Reports | Add | Report.it gives me the following Report types:

Can anyone advise which would be the best Report type to use for generating which devices have been in SDT over the last month?

• I don’t think any of the reports can provide that. Kinda related to issue I’ve also had. LogicMonitor does not track the SDT status with the alert. So any alert reports you look at will just tell you the current state of the SDT at the time of the report and not at the time of the alert.

Worth putting in a feature request.

Perhaps there is a way to use the API to query historical SDTs and match them up with devices, but that sounds quite hard.

3 Replies

• I don’t think any of the reports can provide that. Kinda related to issue I’ve also had. LogicMonitor does not track the SDT status with the alert. So any alert reports you look at will just tell you the current state of the SDT at the time of the report and not at the time of the alert.

Worth putting in a feature request.

Perhaps there is a way to use the API to query historical SDTs and match them up with devices, but that sounds quite hard.

• My thought would be to create a dashboard that showcases the SDT’d devices somehow (I often use NOC widgets for this type of thing) and use a dashboard report… or generate a custom report using the RestAPI which makes getting devices in SDT fairly easy.  /device/devices will get you the set of resources, and the property: sdtStatus gives you the info you want.

• Thanks Mike, it appear based on LogicMonitors documentation that API appears to be the only option at present. I will raise a feature request for doing this via the GUI.