Forum Discussion

lucjad
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
4 days ago
Solved

How do I clean up old warning messages?

Logic Monitor is still giving me warnings about the removed database even after running Active Discovery. 

• SQL Server Databases is not setup to auto delete instances, so Active Discovery will not change it. I assume this is by design to let you know that the database was deleted (by mistake or not).

You can manually delete the instance by going to the "SQL Server Databases" entry in the tree then go to the Instances tab. You can then find the specific database there and Delete Instance from there. If the DB is really gone it should not come back. Note that you will lose all history once it's deleted. If you want to keep the past data you can Disable Instance instead.

7 Replies

• SQL Server Databases is not setup to auto delete instances, so Active Discovery will not change it. I assume this is by design to let you know that the database was deleted (by mistake or not).

You can manually delete the instance by going to the "SQL Server Databases" entry in the tree then go to the Instances tab. You can then find the specific database there and Delete Instance from there. If the DB is really gone it should not come back. Note that you will lose all history once it's deleted. If you want to keep the past data you can Disable Instance instead.

Ajay
    Icon for LM Champion rankLM Champion

Hi lucjad,

Issues like this should be raised as a case with the support team who can be reached via chat or ticket via your portal. I would encourage you to do that.

Thanks

• Can you provide additional details? What DataSource or module are you having trouble with? You can likely see which it is by clicking on the "Edit Global Definition" link. A (redacted) screenshot may also help.

• I am getting a warning about database that is not in SQL Server anymore- it was deleted. Active Discovery in Logic Monitor didn't clear the warning. 

Stuart_Weenig
      Icon for Mastermind rankMastermind

Mike's answer above answers this. If the instance exists in LM but doesn't exist on the target system, it needs to be deleted. This particular LogicModule isn't set to automatically delete the instances, so you'll need to delete them manually by following Mike_Moniz 's instructions above.