Forum Discussion

ed_dsn
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
27 days ago
Solved

Dynamic Topology Mapping - ISIS only

Is there a way to create a dynamic map depicting only the IGP ?  By default, it appears LM wants to create a map with both the BGP adjacencies and the IGP adjacencies shown.  Basically I want to keep LM from utilizing the discovered BGP adjacencies to draw the map.  Is there a way to do this?

• For the "nothing happening" bit, I'd reach out to support.

For the fact that they're all defined as "ROUTING" type, I ask, "what has LM done for topology in the last 5 years except update the icons?"

So, the topology sources are distinct, so there's no reason that the edges shouldn't be distinct. Looking at the BGP TS, it looks like it should be registering three edges, one Routing, one Endpoint, and one BGP Peer. If the TS isn't doing that, LM might be willing to help you figure out why. The code relies on snippets, so it's not easily decipherable what they're doing with it:

def bgpPeerEri = "bgp--" + peerASN + "--" + bgpPeer.peerId
    lmtopo.registerEdge("Routing", routerEri, bgpPeerEri, edges)

def bgpEndpointEri = "endpoint:bgp--${bgpAsn}--${bgpId}--${bgpPeer.peerId}"
    lmtopo.registerEdge("Endpoint", routerEri, bgpEndpointEri, edges)

def bgpPeerEndpointEri = "endpoint:bgp--${peerASN}--${bgpPeer.peerId}--${bgpId}"
    lmtopo.registerEdge("BGP Peer", bgpEndpointEri, bgpPeerEndpointEri, edges)

4 Replies

• Actually - Stuart, thanks for this... you were absolutely correct in your guidance, I just had to look under the LogicModules / Topology Sources and turn off BGP as a source of Topology information.  Originally I was afraid that would disable BGP alerts, but it seems to be only utilized for Topology mapping info.  Thanks again!

• They should be different connection types. So at the top of the map, hit the "connections" drop down and select only the ones you want to show.

• Yeah - unfortunately there is just one option - ROUTING.  That appears to encompass BGP, ISIS, OSPF...

And - also interestingly enough - when I deselect the checkmark from ROUTING, nothing seems to happen.

Stuart_Weenig
      Icon for Legend rankLegend

For the "nothing happening" bit, I'd reach out to support.

For the fact that they're all defined as "ROUTING" type, I ask, "what has LM done for topology in the last 5 years except update the icons?"

So, the topology sources are distinct, so there's no reason that the edges shouldn't be distinct. Looking at the BGP TS, it looks like it should be registering three edges, one Routing, one Endpoint, and one BGP Peer. If the TS isn't doing that, LM might be willing to help you figure out why. The code relies on snippets, so it's not easily decipherable what they're doing with it:

def bgpPeerEri = "bgp--" + peerASN + "--" + bgpPeer.peerId
      lmtopo.registerEdge("Routing", routerEri, bgpPeerEri, edges)

def bgpEndpointEri = "endpoint:bgp--${bgpAsn}--${bgpId}--${bgpPeer.peerId}"
      lmtopo.registerEdge("Endpoint", routerEri, bgpEndpointEri, edges)

def bgpPeerEndpointEri = "endpoint:bgp--${peerASN}--${bgpPeer.peerId}--${bgpId}"
      lmtopo.registerEdge("BGP Peer", bgpEndpointEri, bgpPeerEndpointEri, edges)