Forum Discussion

joshlowit1
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
2 months ago

Collector Bouncing

I have a collector where the service is stopping, I checked the logicmonitor-agent-control.log file and I am seeing something about an illegal reflective access, could this be the cause of the service stopping? I'm not seeing anything in Event Viewer that helps. The error from the log is below. Let me know if more information is needed. 

LOG:
[24-07-23 12:47:22 PDT][Thread-Thread-4][WindowsJavaProcess.access$000:31]: APP-ERR: WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
[24-07-23 12:47:22 PDT][Thread-Thread-4][WindowsJavaProcess.access$000:31]: APP-ERR: WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.rzo.yajsw.app.WrapperJVMMain (file:/C:/Program%20Files/LogicMonitor/Agent/lib/wrapperApp.jar) to field sun.management.RuntimeImpl.jvm
[24-07-23 12:47:22 PDT][Thread-Thread-4][WindowsJavaProcess.access$000:31]: APP-ERR: WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.rzo.yajsw.app.WrapperJVMMain
[24-07-23 12:47:22 PDT][Thread-Thread-4][WindowsJavaProcess.access$000:31]: APP-ERR: WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
[24-07-23 12:47:22 PDT][Thread-Thread-4][WindowsJavaProcess.access$000:31]: APP-ERR: WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

3 Replies

• Note that it's normal for the collector to restart itself every 24-hours but I assume this is something else. I would check Collector Event to see if it shows anything useful there. But other then your generic troubleshooting (upgrade/downgrade collector, etc) it might be best to work with LM support.

• Hi Josh,

Please reach out to Support via chat/ticket and we can take a look and advise accordingly, as of now only indicates that the Java application running on the Collector is performing an operation that uses reflection in a way that is not permitted. This warning typically appears when the code tries to access internal APIs or private fields/methods in a manner that might not be supported in future Java versions. - not sure if this could be because you may use an EA version or an older version of Collector.

• Not seen that before, but I avoid Windows for now obvious reasons. This is squarely in the realm of support. What have they said?