Forum Discussion

mnagel
Icon for Professor rankProfessor
5 years ago

MESSAGE token issues

The MESSAGE token as it stands is a concatenation of the alert subject and alert message (custom or otherwise).  Please add those elements separately, for example. MESSAGESUBJ and MESSAGEBODY.  I have added code to split it out on our end, but this may not always be easy to do.

5 Replies

• I've resorted to fetching this from the REST API via the /alert/alerts resource...  no ideal. ?

• May have to do the same as I realized the data is entirely inaccessible for clear alerts (MESSAGE token is not provided to integrations).  As a result, the clear alert subject is always generic even if the alert subject is customized.  Seems more like a bug to me, but probably will have to be treated as a missing feature.

Anonymous

Sad to say that this isn't doable in the product today. Who's your CSM/AM? They should be getting this into the system for you.

• On 3/12/2020 at 1:18 PM, Stuart Weenig said:

Sad to say that this isn't doable in the product today. Who's your CSM/AM? They should be getting this into the system for you.

CSM is Tim C. I have not brought this to him yet, trying to use "correct" channels. This issue is closing in on bug territory, but not quite there.  I normally open tickets for actual bugs.

Anonymous

Meh: "correct" channels. The way that will get it done is to make sure a ticket is opened in the system, which you can ensure by chatting with your CSM. I think the idea was that product management would be more active here and be able to enter FRs into the system, but that doesn't happen as often as it really should. I've reached out to Tim.