Forum Discussion

4 years ago

LogicMonitor Account Backup / Snapshot

Wish for a feature to capture the LogicMonitor settings and state of all the resources, resource credentials, websites, mapping, reports, exchanges and settings.

Perhaps an offline back so that we can restore monitoring for environments that were deleted without having to go through the scans or process of adding devices individually.

Or to revert LogicMonitor to a state before or after an account impacting change.

1 Reply

• 6 minutes ago, dcyriac said:

Wish for a feature to capture the LogicMonitor settings and state of all the resources, resource credentials, websites, mapping, reports, exchanges and settings.

Perhaps an offline back so that we can restore monitoring for environments that were deleted without having to go through the scans or process of adding devices individually.

Or to revert LogicMonitor to a state before or after an account impacting change.

Best we have been able to do here is a script leveraging the API to download as many endpoints as we are able to access with checkin to a git repo.  Works, but needs frequent tweaking as things change on the backend. Having a way to revert to a previous snapshot or similar would be very handy.  My script came about originally after I implemented alert rule resequencing with an error and lost some rules.  My latest incarnation of this script has an option to check the items as well for problems (e.g., broken widgets).