Forum Discussion

stevebambury
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
6 months ago
Solved

Feature request - Use CustomProperty instead of ##RESOURCENAME## or ##RESOURCEGROUP##

A new feature request to use a CustomProperty as opposed to the limited ##RESOURCENAME## or ##RESOURCEGROUP## when building dashboards and widgets.  

Its been tested by Tech Support in the Lab environment and is not possible, with this feature would greatly improve the possibilities when building dashboards and reports etc.

• I definitely have put in a feature request to move to appliesTo for the group/device delineations in dashboards… This and arbitrary threshold coloring per widget would make the dashboarding really shine from a functional standpoint.  Imagine being able to have a NOC Widget that can populate based on an appliesTo, then indicate health status of a device / group visually without having to have hard/fast alert thresholds set for that metric?

We want to know when a I/O queue is growing, but it’s not something we need to have generate an alert, nor follow any escalations which may result in a ticket being created in our ticketing system.

2 Replies

• I definitely have put in a feature request to move to appliesTo for the group/device delineations in dashboards… This and arbitrary threshold coloring per widget would make the dashboarding really shine from a functional standpoint.  Imagine being able to have a NOC Widget that can populate based on an appliesTo, then indicate health status of a device / group visually without having to have hard/fast alert thresholds set for that metric?

We want to know when a I/O queue is growing, but it’s not something we need to have generate an alert, nor follow any escalations which may result in a ticket being created in our ticketing system.

• Yes the support for properties/tokens in dashboard widgets is pretty limited. Table Widgets for example would be MUCH more useful if they allowed you to filter instances using the ##DSIDESCRIPTION## token (instance description). Or even if the value could be used as part of the row name. But we are limited to ##RESOURCE## and ##INSTANCE## for the most part.

Being able to use custom properties in a table widget for display or filtering, especially something like ##DSIDESCRIPTION##, would be a huge enhancement for the dashboard feature of LM.