Forum Discussion

5 months ago

Feature Request - Alerting Protection Prompt

I would like to submit a recommendation for a feature request please.

This would benefit a lot off users I believe. I work for a large managed service provider with many customers in LM. While checking my customers today I noticed the top level resource grouping for one of them had Alerting switched OFF. I asked an LM Admin to check who had set this and when to discover after further investigation an engineer had mistakenly clicked this 5 days ago. Given how easy this click to alter status and the potential impact it has is, I recommend if this is altered a pop-up prompt to confirm you are sure is flagged as well as potentially capturing a note as to a reason.

5 Replies

• Hey y’all, so not to fuel a UIv4 fire.  But that functionality is actually present in UIv4, just figured I would call it out since it has been implemented, just not in the older UI.

• Hey y’all, so not to fuel a UIv4 fire.  But that functionality is actually present in UIv4, just figured I would call it out since it has been implemented, just not in the older UI.

Great!

• I suggest sending this request within the feedback within LM. But I made this same suggestion like 5+ years ago but perhaps if more people bring it up…

Atleast in our case, when it happens it causes a massive ticket storm as every alert sends a clear message, then again slower when it’s turned back on, so it’s more obvious when it happens here.

• Haha. That’s a good joke. Now if only I could get anyone to actually try out UIv4. If this were the automotive industry, there’d be a recall.

• Yes, submit it officially through the product. The product team’s participation in the community is lacking.

Yes, a confirmation would be fantastic.

Also, if it’s disabled, every device that has alerting disabled because of it would have a grey exclamation point icon next to it and when moused over would tell you where it was disabled.

Also, as an MSP, i recommend you setup some idempotent scripting based on a system of truth to make sure all your groups are defined the way they should be. We may have someone accidentally tick that box (if they had permission), but it would get corrected almost immediately by the automation we’ve built.