Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Collector Proxy

I have a client that would like to be able to send all the data that CollectorA gathers to CollectorB on the private internal network and then to have CollectorB send the data for both CollectorA and CollectorB to the LogicMonitor datacenters.

4 Replies

Anonymous

Why not just setup an internet proxy?

• 14 minutes ago, Stuart Weenig said:

Why not just setup an internet proxy?

They are aware a collector can be pointed to a proxy but they specifically wanted a feature request to have a second collector to act as the proxy. I'm not sure how easy or hard something like this might be to dsevelop so I told them I would throw it out here as a feature request :)/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Anonymous

Yeah, I wonder what problem they're trying to solve. The collector only does HTTPS connection back to LM, so there wouldn't be much point in building that functionality into the product when setting up an internet proxy is just as easy/easier for the customer to do and works just as well.

This sounds like an ex-Nimsoft customer?

• We occasionally get requests for this, but there are so many great options for proxying data around out there, it's unlikely we'll do something like route A through B.

We do have great proxy support built into both Linux and Windows collectors today.