Forum Discussion

4 years ago

AWS Direct Connect - Virtual Interface datasources

The AWS DirectConnect datasource only monitors AWS Direct Connect connections and not the interfaces. There is not an out-of-the-box datasource that can monitor AWS Direct Connect Virtual Interfaces yet.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/directconnect/latest/UserGuide/monitoring-cloudwatch.html

So referring to the link above LogicMonitor has Direct Connect datasources for all "AWS Direct Connect Connection metrics". However I would like new datasources for all "AWS Direct Connect virtual interface metrics" e.g
VirtualInterfaceBpsEgress
VirtualInterfaceBpsIngress
VirtualInterfacePpsEgress
VirtualInterfacePpsIngress

Thanks

8 Replies

• @drb As an immediate option I've just posted a datasource to the Exchange - TMHHWX - that'll discover & monitor virtual interfaces for Direct Connects. Please give it a shot and let us know if you see any problems with it.

Anonymous

Yes, it's there. You just need to use the locator code: TMHHWX

Anonymous

Yeah, I suggest putting in feedback asking that the search box and the locater code search box be combined. You're not the first to have this problem.

• @Kevin Ford - LM I know this is drip feeding requirements and I apologise, but it would be really useful to have the BGP Status as metric, so we can alert if down.

Happy to open separate feature request if required.

• @drb Currently BGP Status is not a metric published to CloudWatch. We can try to look at some options.