Forum Discussion

Anonymous
4 years ago

Ability to star and follow LogicModules in the LM Exchange

Trying to gauge interest on two possible feature requests:

1. Who would be interested in having the ability to add a star to LogicModules in the Public Repository in the LM Exchange? Theoretically, there would then be a filter where you could view just the LogicModules that you've starred.

2. Who would be interested in having the ability to "follow" LogicModules in the Public Repository in the LM Exchange? Theoretically, you'd be able to get email notifications when there are updates to the LogicModules you follow.

4 Replies

• Option 2 is a great idea.  Being notified when a data source update has been posted will stop the constant sifting through to see if there have been any updates/improvements.

As a heads up we still use the 'old' LogicModules / Datasources interface a lot to add modules as it is quicker and simpler to find what we need and apply them.  As I suspect has been well covered in other customer comments the current 'Exchange' UI needs some improvement.

• As far as stars, sure.  I would probably want a more general option to restrict views to include only technologies we need, though.  Following to know when there are updates would be very nice. Right now, it kinda happens in batches :).

Anonymous

I'm just wishing for the moon now, but perhaps if there were some sort of background process that could run all the AppliesTo for all modules in the Exchange against current known properties? That way you could see what modules at least apply to your devices. Many DSs would not apply because they would require PropertySources to actually run, but it'd be a start.

• 3 minutes ago, Stuart Weenig said:

I'm just wishing for the moon now, but perhaps if there were some sort of background process that could run all the AppliesTo for all modules in the Exchange against current known properties? That way you could see what modules at least apply to your devices. Many DSs would not apply because they would require PropertySources to actually run, but it'd be a start.

Ooh, shiny!  Yes, there should be a on/off button to limit to just applicable devices.  If you need to find something new, just slide to off.