Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Why some of the widgets are not taking the selected time duration

Some of the dashboard widgets in Logicmonitor such as Big Number Widget, Table Widget, etc., are not considering the selected time range or not displaying the results as per the selected time duration globally. Rather it is displaying the results only for the recent time, it may be called as `current timestamp`.
Is there a way to show the results according the selected time range which we input to the dashboards?

• @Archana - that functionality is not currently available in the product. I will relay your request to our product team, and feel free to also reach out to your customer success manager to open a request.

Best,

Kerry

• 17 hours ago, Kerry DeVilbiss said:

@Archana - the widgets you mentioned (Big Number, Table) are generally intended to show current-moment-in-time metrics, so they need to pull from the "latest" datapoint. Sounds like you are requesting that they pull from the latest datapoint *within* the configured time period, is that a fair assessment? If you can provide more details about your use case we can probably advise further.

Cheers,

Kerry 

@Kerry DeVilbiss I would like to display Max or Avg utilisation of my CPU, in a single value that too only for a particular time range. For example, I want to know what was the avg cpu utilisation during July 1st 2018. So the time range I will be selecting as July 1st 00:00 - July 1st 23:59. So my widget should show a single value considering all 24 hours of data.

This I tried with Big number, Table widget, even Gauge widget also. All these Widgets are displaying the single value but only for the current timestamp. Rather, I would like to display for any of the time range which I select for.

Could you please help me in this.

• @Archana - the widgets you mentioned (Big Number, Table) are generally intended to show current-moment-in-time metrics, so they need to pull from the "latest" datapoint. Sounds like you are requesting that they pull from the latest datapoint *within* the configured time period, is that a fair assessment? If you can provide more details about your use case we can probably advise further.

Cheers,

Kerry