Forum Discussion

6 years ago

What is Forecasting

Hi,

I am very new to this topic "Forecasting". Recently when I go through Table Widget, I have noticed a feature called Forecasting and which contain two options to choose the method of providing Forecasting Reports.

Further researching on this, I come to know that the Forecasting is done based on some algorithms from the LogicMonitor Documents. But it was not clear that how the Forecasting is made based on the Algorithm, what does that Algorithm depicts, how does the couple of forecasting options work and how confident the predicted data would be.

I would like to know all these information to use the feature but no where I can find the information neither in the documentation nor in the forum. Could anyone please help me on this.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi @Kerry,

Thanks for your response.

I have already gone through all of the above links. All those tells me How to enable the option 'Forecasting', some basic FAQs only. Of course the link What is forecasting? telling me what does forecasting mean but it is just mentioned as some algorithm is used and with the help of that the future data is predicted as per the old data.

But no where I can find the elaborated procedure of how the forecasting is really calculated, what does the Algorithm gives in common and how does the combination of Algorithm with the old data gives the future data in our current environment.

We can use the feature there is no issue in that but before using something, we should know the complete knowledge about it like how does it work and what are the complete procedure is involved in the calculation. These things I have never found anywhere it is explained. I would like to get a clear explanation on those.

Could you please help me on this

• @Archana - I'm fairly confident that the specific details you're looking for are not publicly available - that algorithm is likely confidential and the IP of LogicMonitor, so I would be surprised if we shared it anywhere. I'll let you know if I hear otherwise.

Thanks,

Kerry

• 11 hours ago, Kerry DeVilbiss said:

@Archana - I'm fairly confident that the specific details you're looking for are not publicly available - that algorithm is likely confidential and the IP of LogicMonitor, so I would be surprised if we shared it anywhere. I'll let you know if I hear otherwise.

Thanks,

Kerry

Sure, Thanks for your response