Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Warning before Alerting is disabled at very top level

Hi

After an incident yesterday when a new starter inadvertently switched off the alerting at the very top level of our portal, I was wondering if either the 2 following features can be implemented:

1. deactivate the Alerting toggle at the very top level (i do not see ant scenario where i would want to stop alerting to 4000 devices)

2. have a warning such as "You are about to turn of monitoring to 4000 devices - are you sure? YES/NO"

We have already decided to move new starter into a more restricted account, however i find it surprising how easy it is to turn of alerting at the global level.

Thanks

Thanjalo

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • 14 minutes ago, thanjalot said:

Hi

After an incident yesterday when a new starter inadvertently switched off the alerting at the very top level of our portal, I was wondering if either the 2 following features can be implemented:

1. deactivate the Alerting toggle at the very top level (i do not see any scenario where i would want to stop alerting to 4000 devices)

2. have a warning such as "You are about to turn of monitoring to 4000 devices - are you sure? YES/NO"

We have already decided to move new starter into a more restricted account, however i find it surprising how easy it is to turn of alerting at the global level.

Thanks

Thanjalo