Forum Discussion

7 years ago

SonicWall VPN Monitoring

SonicWall's VPN device only sends snmp data in word and number format, not number format which makes it impossible to monitor. Would it be possible to develop a datasource which reads the words and numbers? Even "5 Users" is not picked up by the datasource at the moment.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @JaseTheAce we've actually run into the SNMP limitation a little while back and we rewrote the SonicWall monitoring to use the CLI as retrieving the data is incredibly more efficient and accurate.

It's nearly in core, but if you are interested in getting your hands on it early, let me know.

• Hi Andre,

I would be interested in getting this early, how would I implement the change?

• @JaseTheAce you can import these beta datasources with the following locator ID's.

SonicWall_CPU_Cores : HFCEH9

SonicWall_CPU : XFDRKJ

SonicWall_Memory : PP4TPW

SonicWall_IPSecVPNTunnels : GP4MXX

• Hi Andrey,

We have decided to hold off on this for now just in case it breaks any other monitoring that we have for other Sonicwall devices, once the datasource is in the repository and available for install, I will install the datasource. Thanks for the help, can't wait to test it out! :)/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20">