Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Ruckus Virtual SmartZone

Hi All. I have been given the Beta DataSources for the Ruckus system and I was initially told this was for Zone Director and then for Smart Zone. Has anyone managed to get this to work correctly on Smat Zone, or does anyone know how I can contact the team to discuss this module? 

Specific issue is that theres no Ruckus System info being pulled via SNMP. I'm going to try some debug tasks, but would appreciate a chat if anyone's already been down this road so I don't reinvent the wheel

• @Hayden if you go through support they can get this to the monitoring team. Being beta, you may see a longer turnaround time for response from the dev team.

You're sure you've got SNMP enabled on your Ruckus, and it's properly configured in LM for your Ruckus resource?

You can also do some snmpwalks on the device from the debug window to see if it's responding at all.

• @Michael Rodrigues thanks for the response. When I initially talked to support I was told it was for SmartZone not Zone Director and its actually the other way rounnd. I have it all working fine under the ZoneDirector and it produces some very good info, and have the MIB reference for the SmartZone. I copied the Data Sources and renamed them to SZ from ZD and changed the reference points. It was working mostly then it decided to stop going and threw an error from the collector, and I was having issues getting information from the AP's themselves. I'm still figuring out a bunch of it but I hope to produce something thats useful for others and that LM or the community could build on.

I'm hoping to get to spend a bit more time on this and see if I can replicate the current beta ZD DataSources for SZ/vSZ but as we only have it as a trial currently I'm not sure if I'll get time to do it before it finishes.

• The latest information we received from our Ruckus support representative based on the size of our Ruckus installation was to use the Ruckus Zone Director API instead of SNMP, because it's more performant and has more information.  We've just started looking into the API and using a Groovy script to poll the Zone Director API for all the information, so we don't have anything useful yet.