Forum Discussion

6 years ago

REST API to download and install a Windows Nano Collector

Anyone know the REST API syntax for downloading a Windows (64 bit) nano size collector?

The Developer's guide: https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/rest-api-developers-guide/v1/collectors/downloading-a-collector-installer/ states:

"Correct resource path is /setting/collectors/31/installers/Win64, NOT /setting/collectors/31/installers/Win64?collectorSize=nano"

And for a Linux collector the Developer's guide provides the example: /setting/collectors/12/installers/Linux64?collectorSize=nano.

But I need nano for Windows, preferably 64 bit, but I'll take what I can get.

Currently I'm using: /setting/collectors/31/installers/Win64. And that works, but I'm not sure if that's downloading a nano size collector or some other size.

I'm looking for a way to explicitly request a nano size collect for the Windows operating system.

Thank you

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sarah_Terry
    Icon for Product Manager rankProduct Manager

Hi @Jim,

You can use the following for a Windows nano Collector: /setting/collectors/31/installers/Win64?collectorSize=nano 

The note in the article is just indicating that the resource path used for token authentication should not include any query parameters. So your request can include query parameters (eg to specify Collector size), but those should not go into the signature calculation. If you don't specify the Collector size via a query parameter, you'll get a small Collector (not nano).

Thanks,

Sarah

• Sarah; Seems there must be something else I need to do to get that nano size collector.

This URL works and gets our default collector (size medium): https://our_company.logicmonitor.com/santaba/rest/setting/collectors/30/installers/Win64

But when I add that piece: ?collectorSize=nano  to the URL I get an "Unauthorized" error.

Here's the URL that doesn't work: https://our_company.logicmonitor.com/santaba/rest/setting/collectors/31/installers/Win64?collectorSize=nano

And the error message:
    HTTP Status 401 - Unauthorizedtype Status reportmessage Unauthorizeddescription This request requires HTTP

Is there something else I need to do? Thanks again.
    Sarah_Terry

Hi @Jim - Are you using Basic Auth, or LMv1 (token authentication)? If it's the latter, make sure you're not including the query parameters in the resource path for signature calculation. For reference, you can look at how the examples on this page are breaking out the query parameters separately. 

• Thanks Sarah, that was the issue. I'm using LMv2 authentication and "?collectorSize=nano" was embedded in the signature calculation. I removed it as you suggested and put it at the end of the URL and now it's working.

One other question, the downloads have succeeded, but I noticed that the "LogicMonitorSetup.exe" file sizes are the same (Medium and Nano). Just wondering if that sounds right to you. For some reason, I assumed the Nano installer would be smaller than the Medium installer, but maybe not. 

Thanks again.

• Oops, sorry, I'm using LMv1 authentication (not LMv2).

Sarah_Terry

Hi @Jim - Glad that fixed it! The Collector sizes correspond to different resource requirements, and monitoring capacities - but these are mostly just configuration differences, and won't necessarily impact the size of the installer itself.