Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Reports filter by custom property value

It would be nice that when building a report you can filter by the value of a CUSTOM PROPERTY VALUE instead of having to create a dynamic group that links to an appliesToFunction in order to create a dataset for your report. As an example we have different ServiceLevels of monitoring we offer our clients so each of our devices has a custom property value named ServiceLevel with a particular value. So if I wanted report that shows me all devices in a particular servicelevel the reporting engine does not allow me to filter for a specific value of the field rather will display all values of that field.

The workaround has been to build dynamic device groups that filter hosts using the logicmodule applies to function, we then attach the dynamic device group to the report. This is problematic in a production environment because you can mistakenly clear alerts if you uncheck alerting in the dynamic group. Reporting should be self contained as to not potentially cause a problem in the production environment. If someone has a better way without the need to export the data into excel and further filter it i'm all ears.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Anonymous

That makes sense, thanks for replying. We should have an option to support this soon, I will make sure your Customer Success Manager reaches out when it is ready.

• 10 minutes ago, Clay Turk said:

Hi Miguel, 

What kind of report are you trying to run in this scenario? Is it just an inventory report or for all report types?

Clay

In this case its an inventory report for different buckets our hosts would fall into such as FULL | MNR | MON | DISCO for that one custom property. Ultimately in the reporting engine it would be nice to have the ability of using regular expressions to filter on values of fields.

-Miguel

Anonymous

Hi Miguel, 

What kind of report are you trying to run in this scenario? Is it just an inventory report or for all report types?

Clay