Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Removed acknowledged alerts from sidebar or at least honor existing filters

The alerts on the side bar are very helpful when not viewing an alert dashboard or widget.  
But since it is an alert area, any acknowledged alerts should fall off of the side bar, otherwise it just becomes an annoyance.
I can add a filter to the alert display such that it only shows alerts that have not been acknowledged, but this filter is not used on the side panel.
I discussed this issue with the LogicMonitor support team and they confirmed there currently isn't a way to do what I am requesting.

• I totally agree with this. We are managing so many servers that often there are product migrations ongoing. When old software is upgraded/replaced with new software, we would disable the old software's services (SQL upgrades come to mind).

Being able to just make them go away in all common views would be very helpful.

• I agree with this as well, its a real annoyance.  Can someone from Logic Monitor respond to this?

• Also looking for something like this.  Even if a 2nd row is added in small numbers underneath, for alert counts that are in ACK.  But the main numbers which are the most checked don't include ACKed.

• Hi all - We're listening.  We're toying with the idea of allowing you to configure what shows in the sidebar.  It would be per account, and would allow you to choose whether or not you'd like to count alerts that were ack'ed or in SDT in the total.  Before we go any further, would that do the trick?

• Having the option to filter alerts based upon their ACK or SDT status would be a very useful feature for the alert counter in the sidebar.

• Thanks Annie for the quick responses and feedback on the community requests.

LogicMonitor = My favorite vendor!

• Quick update - v85, which will be released over the next two weeks, includes this feature.  From Settings > Account Information > Portal Settings, you can opt to ignore In SDT or Acknowledged alerts from the nav alert count.

This does not affect other alert counts, we typically preserve the last filters used which impact the total alert count.  So if your account setting is ignore In SDT in totals, but your alert page filter has In SDT = Yes, the totals may vary.