Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Polling devices that don't ping

I have a few devices that, for some reason, do not respond to ping; is there a way to bypass the Ping check to query/discover these systems?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi @Dan_Wood

Are you using the Wizard mode to add them, or the Expert mode?  Expert mode would bypass the test.  Note, however, without some other type of poll to generate some data, LogicMonitor's Host Status monitoring will generate an alert if no data is received for the device.

• 14 minutes ago, Mosh said:

Hi @Dan_Wood

Are you using the Wizard mode to add them, or the Expert mode?  Expert mode would bypass the test.  Note, however, without some other type of poll to generate some data, LogicMonitor's Host Status monitoring will generate an alert if no data is received for the device.

These are added via CSV and harvested from another monitoring system; I've verified that I can access the services (e.g. https, snmp) from the collector, but Logicmonitor's isn't initiating an active discovery.

• Have you tried running active discovery from the device then re matching the datasources.

• I've used CSV in the past to do initial uploads and it always did the active discovery.  As Chris suggests, try some manual active discovery and datasource force match.