Forum Discussion

10 years ago

New JDBC Driver for IBM iSeries DB2 (AS400) and AIX

There is a DB2 driver currently included, however, this is the DB2 UDB driver for DB2 database running on Unix. The IBM iSeries and AIX platforms require a different driver, and it has been opensourced by IBM. I have included a link below. I manually tested it in a Logicmonitor datasource by downloading it to our lab collector by adding it into the wrapper.conf and it works great. However, we have to deploy it to about 40 environments, and I would prefer it not be a separate dependency.

If possible, I request that it be added to the standard collection of jdbc drivers.

http://jt400.sourceforge.net

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • So... I just noticed in martinresources.logicmonitor.com that there is now a new JAR file in /logicmonitor/agent/lib ... called "jt400-full-6.0.jar". I tested a DB query with it... and it just hangs. I uploaded the jt400.jar that i identified in the request, updated the wrapper.conf file, and restarted the collector and was able to query successfully.

So, if the jt400-full-6.0.jar was included based on my request, thank you very very much. However, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with IBM DB2 on iSeries.

• FYI, the JAR that exists on the collectors now  jt400-full-6.0.jar  does work, and has been working. There was a problem with our datasource when I made the previous comment.

Thanks again to the logicmonitor team.